Thank you for volunteering at the NH Tourism Booth at the Big E! Please take a few moments to read through all of the information below before heading out to West Springfield. Still have questions? Reach out to Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org) 603-244-0757 or Kelly (email@example.com) 603-960-0272.
DOWNLOAD AND READ THE ORIENTATION DOCUMENTS
REQUIRED – You may be asked about the information in this video by Big E Safety staff.
All NH Information Booth Volunteers MUST watch this video. This is required of us by The Big E.
All Volunteers must be able to answer NO to the self-certification before every shift. If you answer yes to either of these, please DO NOT REPORT TO WORK.
- Have you been within 6′ of a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID for at least 5 minutes or had direct contact with their mucus or saliva in the past 14 days.
- In the last 48 hours, have you had any of the following new symptoms? Fever of 100 degrees or above; possible fever symptoms – alternating chills, sweating, cough, trouble breathing, shaking chills, muscle aches, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or headache.
Tickets and Parking
If you were able to attend the orientation on September 9, the packet you received has your ticket and a parking pass for the employee lot. For those who weren’t able to attend, as long as you were signed up before orientation, packets were mailed to you on September 10.
If you signed up late you may need to pick up your ticket and parking pass at the front desk of our hotel, the Candlewood Suites, 572 Riverdale St, West Springfield MA 01089, on your way to the fair. Emily or Kelly will be in touch with you to make arrangements, and if you don’t hear from us and haven’t seen your packet in the mail, please call or e-mail one of us.
What’s in the above Orientation Documents?
Please take some time to read through all of the notes below before your shift, especially if you were unable to attend the orientation.
- New Volunteer Information
- Volunteer Orientation Notes
- Directions to Candlewood Suites and the Employee Parking Lot.
- NH Tourism Booth Emergency Procedures
- Slides from Orientation PowerPoint presentation
- Our “Hot List” – answers to some tough questions we think we’ll get asked
- Rack map (this is not the final version, but it will give you some idea of which brochures are where in the booth)
Volunteer Service Agreement
The other paper in your packet is a Volunteer Service Agreement – please fill it out and bring with you to your shift. Everyone needs to have a signed Volunteer Service Agreement on file in order to volunteer. On the back of the agreement is a place to list emergency contact info – if your primary emergency contact will be volunteering with you, consider adding a second person who is not on the Big grounds just in case.
Other Helpful Information
While not required reading, the links below have some useful information that may be helpful for your shift.
General Big E Info:
- The Big E Website
- Map of Big E Grounds
- Big E Brochure
2021 Big E New Hampshire Building
- New Hampshire Building Exhibitors
- What’s Happening at the New Hampshire Building
- 2021 Press Release
- NH General Store Vendors
2020 Big E New Hampshire Building
2020 New Hampshire Building Big E vendors online (because the 202 Big E was canceled)