2019 Welcome Center Services
$625 year-‐round / $300 seasonal / 50% off for each additional center
As an official member center, you will have access to our resources and services including:
• Training and support of your GSA volunteers and staff
• Communications including e-newsletters, blogs, Facebook, & emails directly to your volunteers
• Access to NHGSA brand volunteer management and automated calendar/email system
• Links and cross promotion of your organization to our partners and volunteers
• Statistical reporting: individual volunteers/employees, center stats, state-‐wide information
• Semi-Annual Center Manager’s meeting
• Special opportunities at the Annual AMBIE Awards luncheon
• Discounted rates for our Customer Service Workshops, and advertising opportunities
• Individual Memberships for your staff (without volunteer hour requirements)
• One individual membership for GSA staff members, for every $100 paid in year-‐round membership fees.
• Memberships can also be extended to reserving seats in any of our annual certification trainings to increase staff/board participation in the program.
2019 Event Services
Secondarily to staffing visitor centers, NH Granite State Ambassadors also provide hospitality services at special events. Volunteer services include meeting, greeting and interacting with event guests about New Hampshire tourism including tourism services and destinations. Other activities could include ticketing, registration, directional services, as well as, information and support for vendors. NH Granite State Ambassador staff services include recruiting, management and training of volunteers who will serve at each event. If the services of a GSA staff volunteer manager is not required for your event, we can also work with you and your own volunteer coordinator for a reduced rate.
Listed below are the basic criteria when considering service at a special event. As this is a thorough process, applications must be submitted at least 3 months in advance. The Board of Directors reserves the right to reconsider the above date and noted criteria and may limit the number of events each year due to time constraints of our volunteers and management team. Criteria considered include:
- Events hosted by or supported by our key partners and members are the first consideration.
- Events hosted by organizations other than those listed above must be not-for-profit organizations or utilize our GSAs as “added value” support for staff rather than replacement of staff.
- Events must be tourism related, hosted in or related to New Hampshire.
- Events must be open to the public and provide guests visiting New Hampshire and the Granite State Ambassadors with knowledge about tourism related businesses, New Hampshire’s culture, history, and lifestyle, as well as, encouraging people to support NH Made Products and Services.
Applications should include an outline of the event including date(s), event type, support needed, and address the above-mentioned criteria. Forward the outline to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. If you have further questions please call Kelly Bryer, Executive Director at 603-960-0272.
Fully Managed Event
Full-service Volunteer Management for your Event: $650 per day plus volunteer parking & admission
Examples include the NH Farm & Forest Expo, NH Home Show, and the NH Made Expo. We provide a GSA volunteer manager who works with the event’s manager to determine what types of positions need to be filled, how many people are needed, and for what time duration. With this information, our GSA volunteer manager presents the volunteer opportunity to our certified GSA volunteers, schedules shifts, sends reminders, provides onsite training and management, provides event reports. Benefits listed above in Welcome Center Services.
Center/Organization Based Events
Opportunity for your Event Manager to solicit our volunteers $300 (special rates for organizations that put on multiple events)
Examples include Bedrock Gardens, Strawbery Banke and the Hillsborough Chamber. We present our GSAs with opportunities to volunteer for another organization’s events and we provide a reporting of hours served by GSAs. We do not provide an event manager or volunteer coordinator. The Event’s Organization handles all communication, scheduling, reminders, trainings and management in it’s entirety. The Event’s Organization has the option of using their own scheduling tools or using our online calendar system (Volgistics). Benefits listed above in Welcome Center Services.
On occasion we choose charitable events to participate in. An example is Believe in Book’s Journey to the North Pole event.