GSA DRESS CODE
You are officially “on-duty” as a Granite State Ambassador at any customer contact points, including visitor information centers, tours, special events, and some meetings.
You must be in FULL uniform to receive credit for your volunteer time.
(winter – black bottoms)
The information sheet for each tour and event will detail any changes/exceptions to the GSA Uniform. Please read them carefully.
GSA Name Tag – Your badge alone or in a GSA neck wallet is required when volunteering at all locations and while attending all GSA functions. GSAs start out with paper badges. In June and November, we issue permanent green, 50-hour earned badges. In November, we issue both green and silver badges. You can order replacement badges up until a month before earned badges are issued through our online catalog.
GSA Logo Staff Shirt – At our certification trainings, we will have short sleeve embroidered polo shirts available for purchase for $10 each (value $30). Limit 1 discounted shirt per person. Granite State Ambassadors has covered the rest of the cost. New GSAs can take advantage of this offer one time for up to 1 year from the certification date. We do have limited stock and can’t guarantee your size so please order early. If we have a sponsor for the shirts (their logo on your sleeve), the shirts are free to you.
If you are supplying your own uniform shirt, it must be hunter-green in color with no other logos, and your badge. We can have your personal shirts embroidered for you for $10 per item. All shirts must be clean, unwrinkled, and sensible.
Several times a year we will solicit orders for additional GSA merchandise you may want, including vests, coats, hats, shirts… to place the order, we must meet our minimum of 24 items. Bulk orders save us all $$ and we retail price them at 20% over our cost. We have some shirts available for purchase in our inventory and do have samples to try on. Reach out to Kelly.
Lands End: You can order GSA embroidered shirts and merchandise from our Lands End store at any time. Shirts from here do NOT qualify for any of our GSA-sponsored discounts. The Lands End store gives you one more option to order personal items and is not our standard shirt supplier.
You can reach the Lands End store at: https://business.landsend.com/store/granitestateambassadors/ The password is: gsa1996
Rule of thumb: If your shirt is plain, our large logo must be visible – either embroidered or with a large green badge.
Current approved exceptions: NH State House Visitor Center volunteers may wear the center’s 200th Anniversary shirt with the large green GSA Logo’d permanent badge (not the smaller 10-year / 1000-hour badge). GSA logo must be prominent.
Some events require that we wear their event shirt. In this case, you must wear your GSA badge. GSA hats are okay in addition to your badge. We will tell you if this is the case on the event’s information page on our website.
The Aviation Museum has its own museum shirt for you to wear when on duty. GSAs must wear their GSA badge.
NOTE: If you are working towards your free 50-hour shirt from our previous Uniform Incentive Program, we will still honor it. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pants/Shorts/Capris/Skirts – Allowed! Note: Some centers and special events do not allow shorts.
ICE OUT (Lake Winnipesaukee) – Columbus Day: Pants must be khaki in color, clean, unwrinkled, and sensible.
Day after Columbus Day – ICE OUT (Lake Winnipesaukee): Pants must be black in color, and clean, unwrinkled, and sensible.
- No high heels
- Be aware of footwear policies at your center/event. (i.e.: no open-toed shoes)
- A GSA hat is preferable. Other NH, or non-logo’d hats, are acceptable where appropriate
- Hats with other state/team logos are not acceptable (Note: Boston Red Sox is not NH)
- No pocketbooks / purses are allowed on tours or at special events. You are on duty. Think of it this way – if you were a cashier at a store or waiting tables, would you have your purse on?
- Fanny-packs or small, no-hands wallets and wallet-style bags are allowed (approximately 6” X 4” in size)
- Small cinch backpacks may be allowed on some designated tours/events (this will be specified on the tour information sheet). This is for safety reasons. For example: a tour where we will be outside and you should have a windbreaker, water, and sunscreen available to you.
- Please, no accessorizing. No scarves or other garments/accessories, including jumpers/overalls). GSA logo’d vests are an exception. If you are wearing a plain green vest and have a large GSA logo’d green badge – you must wear that badge (instead of a silver badge)
- GSA waterbottle holder is acceptable when we are on the move for a tour or at an event.
- Long-sleeve plain shirts may be worn underneath GSA Shirts. Acceptable colors are: hunter green, burgundy, black, navy blue, or white. The official State House Tour Sweater (burgundy) is approved apparel.
“There is power in numbers. If you have ever attended an event or a GSA tour in which the entire team is ‘in uniform’ you will understand that power. While ‘in uniform’ we are representing our state, our industry, and our company.” – Judi Window, Founder
Yes, you will see shade variations on our green. We realize not every person feels comfortable in every shirt, and manufacturers change their shades regularly. We want you to feel your best while being authentic. Please stay true to the color selection we offer in our store when choosing your shirt. Hunter Green is always preferred.