Whether you are strictly a volunteer or are an industry employee, please agree to this Volunteer Service Agreement. Doing so does not require you to provide volunteer service; it just covers you as a Granite State Ambassadors (GSA) volunteer, if in fact, you do volunteer for New Hampshire Granite State Ambassadors, Inc.
NH Granite State Ambassadors encourages volunteerism. We do, however, value those employees who are paid to work at, both traditional and non-traditional, visitor contact points. We encourage both employees and volunteers hold their certification as a GSA in the highest regard.
I AGREE TO IMPUT, UPDATE, AND MAINTAIN THIS AND OTHER KEY/REQUIRED INFORMATION ONTO THE NHGSA ONLINE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM TO HELP CENTER MANAGERS AND STAFF ACCOUNT FOR VOLUNTEERS WHILE ON DUTY AT VISITOR CENTERS, TOURS, SPECIAL EVENTS, AND OTHER VOLUNTEER DUTIES AND MEETINGS WHILE ACTING AS A GRANITE STATE AMBASSADOR. THIS INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE, UNLESS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY TO SUPPORT THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF OUR VOLUNTEERS.
Whereas, volunteer intends to donate services to the charity identified above, and the said charity intends to accept the donation of volunteer services.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Volunteer agrees to donate services to the charity in the capacity of a Granite State Ambassadors (GSA). Said services shall include, but may not be limited to, the following:
a. Guest Services Advisor
b. NH Information Specialist
c. Visitor Center Front Desk Volunteer
d. Special Event Volunteer
e. Committee Member
2. It is mutually and expressly understood that volunteer services shall be donated, and that said volunteer is not entitled to nor expects any present or future salary, wages, or other benefits for these voluntary services.
3. Volunteer agrees to follow the supervision and direction of any personnel, employee, or volunteer, to whom volunteer has been assigned to perform services, and to participate in any training required by the charity in order to perform the voluntary services.
4. Volunteer agrees that he/she will not be considered to be an employee of the charity, for any purposes other than tort claims and injury compensation, while performing the above described voluntary services.
5. Volunteer further understands that if volunteer is responsible for injuries to their parties or damages to their property while acting outside the scope of assigned volunteer duties that said volunteer may be held personally liable for any monetary damages a court may award to the injured party.
6. It is further understood and agreed to by volunteer that the services rendered to the charity shall apply only in the case of liability arising out of the ordinary negligence that occurs during the scope of the volunteer’s service agreed to herein, and that in no way do any of these provisions apply for the benefit of volunteer, his/her heirs, executors or administrators in any action arising out of gross negligence, willful misconduct, or any other conduct on the part of said volunteer, which cause or may give rise to criminal liability.
7. Volunteer further agrees that volunteer will fully cooperate with the charity and its agents in any investigation lawsuit, arbitration, or any other legal or quasi-legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement. Volunteer further agrees to notify the charity immediately of any incident that occurs or may occur within the knowledge of the volunteer, which gives rise to liability on the part of the volunteer of the charity.
8. I understand that my volunteer assignment will begin the date of the volunteer’s certification training graduation and a agree that the volunteer assignment will end one year after volunteer’s last provided service, or if sooner, when volunteer has not provided at least 3 hours of service in any 12 consecutive month period.. I also understand that my volunteer assignment may be terminated at any time by either party to this agreement. — This form was adapted from the NH Department of Labor.