Thank you for volunteering at the NH Tourism Booth at the Big E! Please take a few moments to read through all of the information below before heading out to West Springfield. Still have questions? Reach out to Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org) 603-244-0757 or Kelly (email@example.com) 603-851-8624.
DOWNLOAD AND READ THE ORIENTATION DOCUMENTS
All Volunteers must be able to answer NO to the self-certification before every shift. If you answer yes to either of these, please DO NOT REPORT TO WORK.
- Have you been within 6′ of a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID for at least 5 minutes or had direct contact with their mucus or saliva in the past 14 days.
- In the last 48 hours, have you had any of the following new symptoms? Fever of 100 degrees or above; possible fever symptoms – alternating chills, sweating, cough, trouble breathing, shaking chills, muscle aches, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or headache.
Tickets and Parking
All orientation packets have been mailed or picked up at our orientation. THERE AREN’T PARKING PASSES to hang from your mirror like past years. Your admission ticket is also your parking shuttle access. Please download and print this letter just in case since it’s a new policy and our volunteers have paper tickets and not badges. Big E Employee and Volunteer Shuttle Access Letter
If you signed up late you may need to pick up your ticket at the front desk of our hotel, the Candlewood Suites, 572 Riverdale St, West Springfield MA 01089, on your way to the fair. Emily or Kelly will be in touch with you to make arrangements, and if you don’t hear from us and haven’t seen your packet in the mail, please call or e-mail one of us.
What’s in the above Orientation Documents?
Please take some time to read through all of the notes below before your shift, especially if you were unable to attend the orientation.
- New Volunteer Information
- Volunteer Orientation Notes
- Directions to Candlewood Suites and the Employee Parking Lot.
- NH Tourism Booth Emergency Procedures
- Our “Hot List” – answers to some tough questions we think we’ll get asked
- Rack map
Volunteer Service Agreement
The other paper in your packet is a Volunteer Service Agreement – please fill it out and bring with you to your shift. Everyone needs to have a signed Volunteer Service Agreement on file in order to volunteer. On the back of the agreement is a place to list emergency contact info – if your primary emergency contact will be volunteering with you, consider adding a second person who is not on the Big grounds just in case.
Other Helpful Information
While not required reading, the links below have some useful information that may be helpful for your shift.
General Big E Info: