Granite State Ambassadors
Job Description – Program Assistant
Act fast, we plan to hire quickly.
This is a year-round, part-time position of 15 hours per week. Ideally in 3, 5 hour blocks.
Will consider adapting this position for a college student looking for an internship.
Additional hours as an event manager may be available.
Wage: $16-18/hour on payroll.
Hours are flexible. Non-benefited.
Office location: off Exit 28 off I-93 in Campton, NH
Granite State Ambassadors, Inc is a 501(c)3 charitable nonprofit program based in New Hampshire designed to promote and celebrate the state’s rich cultural, historical, and natural assets. Granite State Ambassadors serve as enthusiastic representatives and guides, sharing their knowledge and passion for New Hampshire with residents and visitors alike at welcome centers and events statewide. Our key partners are the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport and the New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism.
We are seeking a dedicated and organized individual to join our team as a Program Assistant focused on Volunteer Management and Educational Programs. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in supporting the development, coordination, and execution of volunteer initiatives and educational programs aimed at enriching the volunteer experience.
Reports to the Executive Director
High School Diploma. Education is important, but not as important as a can-do, positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Must have general office computer skills including writing basic reports, the use of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Social Media platforms, and website updates. Adobe photo/video editing, database, and ChatGPT a plus.
Must be willing to become certified as a Granite State Ambassador through our 14-hour program.
Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
– Assist in the onboarding of volunteers.
– Maintain accurate volunteer records, including contact information, and hours contributed.
– Provide support for volunteer events, trainings, projects, and initiatives.
– Serve as a liaison between volunteers and the organization, addressing inquiries and providing necessary support.
– Assist in the creation of training materials and resources.
– Help coordinate workshops, seminars, and other educational events for volunteers.
– Communicate regularly with volunteers to provide updates, gather feedback
– Generate reports to assess the impact of volunteer efforts and educational programs.
– Passion for community engagement and volunteerism.
– Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and follow-through.
– Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic work environment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, and cover letter to Kelly Bryer, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 417, Campton NH 03223. If emailing, please include “Program Assistant Position” in the subject line.
Granite State Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest and will respond promptly with your application status.