Bicentennial of Hooksett – Vietnam Moving Wall
By: Veronica Molloy, Southern NH University GSA Class of 2014
1822 – 2022 – Vietnam Moving Wall – May 5-8 2022
More Bicentennial history activities and fun – Find Heads in Cemetery, tour little old schoolhouse, bricks, bridges, trails and more.
- An Oral History of the Vietnam War Film: Hooksett Library – May 3, 2022 – 6:30PM
- Vietnam Moving Wall Opening Ceremony – May 5, 2022 at 5pm, Hooksett Town Hall. See details here or in the QR Code:
- Visit the Wall – May 5-8, 2022: Donati Field
- Tour Head Cemetery, Hooksett, NH: Mackenzie Conner, in partnership with the Hooksett, NH Heritage Commission has created a virtual tour for Head Cemetery on Pleasant Street in Hooksett using QR Codes. “Natt” Head served as Governor of NH in 1877-78. Please scan the QR code next to the gravesite picture to read about Natt Head as an example of the information provided while touring the cemetery. More Hooksett history can be learned from QR codes at Head Cemetery which can be accessed right on Pleasant Street, or from the Head Pond Trail by turning left through the tunnel which takes you to Pleasant Street.
- Open House: Head School – 1838 restored one-room schoolhouse – May 14, 2022 from 10am-1pm
See details here or use this QR Code to find a schedule of additional Bicentennial activities:
Hooksett Riverwalk Trail with Brickyard Kiln loop! See details here or the QR Code below for information about the trail!
Head Pond – Find details here or the QR Code will give you trail information: