Thank you for your interest in becoming an Official NH Granite State Ambassador (NHGSA) Volunteer Center.
We are over 1800 strong since 1996. Our professional Granite State Ambassador (GSA) certification program not only leaves our graduates with our “It’s Always Sunny in New Hampshire” attitude, it gives our volunteers and industry friends a broad overview of the state’s industries and its recreational resources with presentations from over 20 speakers from around New Hampshire. Our professional GSA volunteers collectively serve nearly 20,000 hours and passionately assist well over 100,000 guests (over a million when you include The Big E) to our state each year at over 20 visitor information centers and 20 special events. They are true New Hampshire Information Specialists.
As an Official NHGSA Volunteer Center you will have access to our award- winning platform and assistance from its trained staff and volunteers to help you build your volunteer program.
VOLUNTEER CENTER PROGRAM BENEFITS 2021
- WORD OF MOUTH – Once you are a NHGSA Volunteer Center, our volunteers and partners will know who you are and where you are. And even when they are not volunteering at your center – they will be talking about you and your region while they are at a state-wide event, another info center, or at the BIG E Eastern States Exposition (where our GSAs greet over a million guests about NH over a 17-day period!)
- As an active NHGSA Volunteer Center – your information will be shared with our 350+ ACTIVE GSA Volunteers and over 700 Statewide Partners and Supporters, via links, communications, and cross- promotions to include: (but not limited to):
- Blogs o Facebook
- Emails directly to your center
- Emails and mailings to our partners & supporters
- Annual NHGSA Yearbook (500 copies printed and distributed)
- First options at Sponsorship Opportunities for Annual GSA Events and Fundraisers such as:
- AMBIES Annual Awards Luncheon – where we recognize our outstanding volunteers and partners for the number of hours they volunteer and special efforts they make throughout the year. Join us to say thank you in October at The Falls Event Center in Manchester.
- Miniature Golf Tournament – a fun filled day where GSAs can bring their friends and family to be introduced to our organization and our partners. Tee sponsors are encouraged to be on-site to meet-greet and do something fun at their hole for each team.
- Explore NH On-Line Holiday Auction. Held annually November 1-10.
- You will have access to GSA Certification Training for your staff, Board Members and volunteers. Seats at any of our annual certification trainings (held in the Spring) are offered to you at the rate of 1 complimentary seat per $100 of program support donation paid, as space is available. (available annually).
- The best results come when you promote becoming certified through our program to your existing volunteers, staff, and board.
- Continued training and support of your certified GSA Volunteers and staff – we offer a minimum of 12 learning opportunities a year for our certified GSAs
- Access to /discounted rates for our professional trainings and workshops. Opportunities to attend trainings offered around the state (when available) or to schedule specialized trainings offered by NHGSA for your membership, front-line staff.
- Our Certified volunteers can ONLY accumulate volunteer service hours and perks at Official NHGSA Volunteer Centers and Events.
- Certified GSAs can earn volunteer service hours towards awards and perks for being available to assist guests.
- GSAs must be in GSA uniform to be eligible to earn volunteer service hours. Exceptions must be cleared by NHGSA. Official GSA volunteer opportunities will provide a description of the required duties. Said duties must be focused around assisting guests with information. If GSA is comfortable with registers or phone or with being a docent, they are can help with these duties.
- Center Manager will mail or email official GSA tick (visitor count) sheets from previous month within the first few days of each month to main GSA office. Reports will be provided quarterly and annually.
- Volunteers cannot replace any paid staff member of position. Volunteers ‘add value’ to your programs.
SUPPORT & RESOURCES
- Our staff will set you up with access to NHGSA brand volunteer management and our automated calendar system. As a Center Manager, you can login to view your schedule and contact information for your volunteers. You can also request schedule reports for upcoming assignments and track volunteer activity.
- You will have access to communication venues with our GSAs through the online calendar system and our NHGSA weekly volunteer newsletter.
- Access to statistical reporting such as: individual volunteer contacts, center statistics, state-wide information and more. Each month you will be provided with a print out of your center’s activity in #volunteers/ hours served/ guests serviced and value of that volunteer service.
- Semi-Annual Center Managers meetings where you can meet and talk with other visitor center managers and professionals.
- Our certified GSA volunteers have Volunteer Supplemental Insurance provided by NHGSA. This does not replace your center’s liability insurance should a volunteer injure themselves while on duty.
- A monthly “Best Practices” report with current articles and trends regarding customer service and visitor information centers
To keep your volunteers engaged, NHGSA will provide:
- regular communication to keep your volunteers up-to-date with opportunities, and information.
- comprehensive award and reward programs to provide incentives for volunteering.
- Free uniform shirt and permanent badge after 50 hours of service (value of $40)
- Earned hang tags and additional pins badges (value of $5-20 ea)
- Invitation to attend our annual Awards Luncheon (value of $35)
- Earned substantial perks at 500 and 1000 hours (value $400-600ea)
- monthly virtual and hands-on learning opportunities through tours, meetings, and trainings (value of $20-500).
- volunteer Opportunity directory listing on our website
- listing with logo in our annual yearbook
- social opportunities
- annual commemorative yearbook
- online sign-up calendar with volunteer hours tracking, emergency contact information, reminders, email notifications, and reports
- support and advice to help you establish and grow your program to keep volunteers interested and engaged at your center.
To keep your volunteers engaged, we ask you to provide:
- a staff member to serve as your center manager and a point-of-contact for us and volunteers
- a subscription to your member newsletter to keep us informed and post a NHGSA support listing/logo with a link on your website
- clear policy and procedures/desk book with Frequently Asked Questions
- a place for a sign-in book and to mail/email the sign-in sheets to our office for tracking
- local perks to thank and engage volunteers
- share GSA-sponsored industry and volunteer trainings with your membership
- item donations to promote your members for our fundraising auction
- a staff member to participate in our quarterly center manager meetings
- host a regional or member tour every year (virtual or in-person) to keep your volunteers’ knowledge up-to-date
- host informational roundtable meetings to update volunteers about what’s new in your region, or your center, provide supplemental training and to answer volunteer questions.
HOW BEING AN OFFICIAL VOLUNTEER CENTER/EVENT WORKS
Official Volunteer Center Annual Rates
Year-Round Center $650 – each additional center added at $350
(entitled to 6 seats in upcoming trainings annually. Additional seats can be purchased.)
Seasonal $350 – (entitled to 3 seats in upcoming trainings – Additional seats can be purchased.)
Unmanaged Event Services
Any Official Volunteer Center in good standing can solicit GSA volunteers to staff your events at no additional fee. No limit to the number of events. Volunteers would report to your volunteer coordinator and you would be responsible for any pre and post event communications. We are happy to assist and will include your volunteer opportunity on our website and in our newsletter. As with center shifts, you will have access to our online sign-up calendar system and yes, there is a way to allow non-GSAs to sign up to serve.
Managed Event Services
GSA provides fully managed event services – you tell us how many people you need for how many hours and what you need them to do. We will solicit, train, and manage volunteers with an on-site staff person and provide an event-end report. These services are priced based on your needs and our costs.
Invoices are sent the first of each year. We can pro-rate membership when joining at any other point in the year.
Fill out our “New Center Information Sheet” and the “Volunteer Reference Sheet for New Center”. Submit those along with your Support Payment to our finance/billing office address at: NHGSA, 470 Mast Road, Goffstown, NH 03045 or email sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org for faster processing.
- Next – submit photos – inside and out – of your Center that we may use to showcase your center/museum to the GSAs. Remember – you want to entice them to come there – so make the photos inviting!
- As soon as your Official Volunteer Center forms and payment have been received, we will establish your presence in our program and your center can be opened up to GSAs as a volunteer opportunity.
- We do require you to provide some supervision and mentoring as your center gets started. Our staff works with you to set this up along with providing you with other needed GSA tools such as our GSA Policies and Procedures Manual, a GSA “Desk Book” about your center and GSA Tick Sheets.
- Make your volunteers feel appreciated. Thank them. Invite them to staff functions. Invite them to volunteer at your public events. Provide perks.
Often a new center needs to build relationships with GSAs and develop opportunities and interest. The best way to get started is to recruit and encourage local volunteers to attend one of the upcoming certification trainings – always held in the spring. (remember – if you join you get seats at the training!) Building a local volunteer base, getting them involved and certified through GSA is the best way to get started. Offering tours of your area/center is another great way to bring new GSAs on board and to introduce them to your region.
We alternate our GSA Certification trainings around the state each year, so locations will vary. For 2021, we will be offering a hybrid training with both online and in-person options. It will be able to be completed 100% online as well.
We can supply you with press releases, flyers, event listings etc., to help you promote the trainings
with your potential volunteers. We can also consult with you to help get them started in your
center this year (and in the future you can work with us to host a training in your region).
CENTER MANAGER TRAINING
We STRONGLY recommend that your Center Manager participate in the GSA Certification Training. It really is the best way to understand the program and how it works, plus it provides a great overview of the state’s resources!
One of our staff members will work with you to set up your center. They will introduce you to the online calendar system and make suggestions for your program.
Voicemail: 240-621-0638 General email: email@example.com (goes to Kelly & Emily)
Kelly Bryer, Executive Director (603) 960-0272 cell firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Goulet, Communications Director (603) 244-0757 cell email@example.com
Billing Address – Innovision Realty Group’s Michelle Demirjian is contracted to handle all contracts, billings and financial needs for Granite State Ambassadors. This address serves as our official company address. Emily picks up mail and tick sheets at this address.
Granite State Ambassadors
470 Mast Road, Goffstown NH 03045
Operations Address – for day to day, auction, programs… Mail to this location is picked up by Kelly.
Granite State Ambassadors
PO Box 417, Campton NH 03223
Not ready for volunteers but want to support Granite State Ambassadors?
Chamber/Organization benefits: Base membership that includes newsletter subscriptions and listing on website with link. Promotion of our NHGSA Industry trainings and certifications in your chamber/organization newsletter.
Granite State Ambassadors benefits: Listing and link on our website; newsletter subscription; industry newsletter; submit up to 2 featured member/region articles or events to promote in our newsletter.
**Does not include volunteer services or complimentary seats in programs/trainings.